Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing the Continuous Manufactuing Knowledge Center (CMKC).
The site is operated by a community of researchers and hosted by USP. Your access to the CMKC is subject to your agreement to these Terms of Service. By accessing the CMKC, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms of Service.
Terms of Service – Continuous Manufacturing Knowledge Center (CMKC)
- No hate speech or other inappropriate or illegal speech allowed. Any post which is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, discriminatory, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable in any way will be removed and the member may be banned from the Community or subject to other usage restrictions at USP’s sole discretion. This shall also include posts in which you impersonate any person or entity, stalk or harass another, or are otherwise deceptive. You may also be removed from the Community or be subject to other usage restrictions at USP’s discretion if you act in any manner that negatively affects other users’ quiet enjoyment of the Community.
- No illegal activity (or discussions thereof). Any activity in the Community which is illegal by law or a discussion which could lead to illegal activities (e.g., activities implicating libel, slander, intellectual property, and antitrust laws) taking place will be removed (and the members involved possibly suspended or banned at the discretion of USP). All your activities in this Community shall be in accordance with these Terms, as well as all applicable laws, regulations, and generally accepted practices or guidelines.
- Don’t knowingly post false information. Posting something you know or should reasonably know to be false will lead to you being removed from the Community.
- Advertising And Promotion. You shall not upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form or solicitation. If you have questions about what is considered advertising or promotional content, please email email@example.com. USP reserves the right to promote USP sponsored and co-sponsored events and activities in the Community.
- Job Postings. Job postings are not permitted in the CMKC and will be removed.
- Respect intellectual property. You shall only post content that you have personally created and/or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. We recommend uploading content that you have created as a Resource under the Resource tab. You shall indicate if the items you post are not available for reuse. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner, and he or she is not infringing any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. In addition, the posting party grants USP the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. You are solely responsible for protecting and enforcing any intellectual property and other rights in your content; USP shall have no obligation to do so on your behalf. Nothing in this document gives you a right to use any of USP’s trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand features.
- Security. Do not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment. Do not interfere with or disrupt the servers or networks connected to this Community, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to this Community.
- Registration. To participate in this Community, you will have to first register by providing your real name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and/or other relevant information, as appropriate. By registering, you represent that you have all requisite right, power, and authority to bind yourself to any applicable agreement(s) and to perform your obligations thereunder. If you are acting on behalf of an institution or company, you represent that you are authorized to bind the institution or company. You agree to provide accurate and complete information, and to update such information as necessary to keep it up-to-date and accurate. USP reserves the right to review all registration applications, and to accept or reject any applicant(s) in its sole judgment. You may not transfer or assign your registration to any other party.
- Disclaimer. This site is provided as a service for the members of this Community. USP is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by USP or any third party. The site hosts content from several authors. The statements and views of these authors are theirs alone, and do not reflect the stances or policies of USP, nor does their posting imply the endorsement of USP. USP makes no representations with respect to the accuracy, integrity, or quality of anything posted on this site. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall USP be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site. You are solely responsible for any content posted by you on this site or offered by you through another service, including, without limitation, for any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via this site.
This Community is for informational and discussion purposes only and does not reflect USP’s or its Expert Committee’s opinions on future development or revisions to official text of the USP–NF. Though USP Volunteers may participate in the community in their capacity as independent USP expert volunteers, their participation does not signal any commitment to future standards development. USP-NF standards are developed through USP’s development process and are outside the scope of this Community. USP is under no obligation to incorporate or rely on information in this Community for standards development purposes. Parties shall not rely on the information in this Community for compliance purposes and bear independent responsibility for awareness of, and compliance with, any applicable federal, state, or local laws and requirements.
- We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that analyze specified metrics of participation. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
- We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
- While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
- USP may access, preserve, and/or disclose your account information if required to do so by law, or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation, or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with legal process, (b) enforce these Terms; (c) respond to claims that any content posted in the Community violates the rights of third parties, (d) respond to your requests for customer services, or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of USP, its users, and/or the public.
- Use and Storage of Information. You acknowledge that USP may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the site, including without limitation, the maximum number of days that messages are stored, message board postings, retention of uploaded content, the maximum number of messages that may be sent from or received by an account, the maximum size of any message or board posting that may be sent from or received by an account, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the site in a given period of time. You agree that USP has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications, including but not limited to message board posts, or other content maintained or transmitted.
- Violations. USP shall have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that it determines, in its sole discretion, may violate any law, regulation, guideline, any of these Terms, or may be offensive. USP may, without prior notice, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate your account, any associated account(s) and access to the site indefinitely or for a set period of time for violations of these Terms.
If you violate any of the above terms, we will follow the below process to notify you and address consequences:
- First Violation: An email notice is sent to the subscriber who violates the guidelines.
- Second Violation: An email notice is sent to the subscriber who violates the guidelines. If you get a second violation within the same 90-day period as your first violation, you will not be allowed to post content for 2 weeks. If there are no further issues, after the 2-week period, we restore full privileges automatically. Each strike will not expire until 90 days from the time it was issued.
- Third Violation: A third violation will result in immediate suspension from the CMKC.
- Indemnity and Limitation of Liability. You agree to indemnify and hold USP and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the site, your use of the site, your connection to the site, your violation of the Terms, or your violation of any rights of another user. USP WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS, THE SITE, THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR THOSE RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SITE.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This document will be governed by the Laws of the State of Maryland without regard to its principles regarding conflicts of law. In the event of any dispute between you and USP, you agree to take all reasonable steps to resolve the dispute quickly and efficiently. In the event of a dispute that cannot be resolved in accordance with the foregoing principle, the state and federal courts of the State of Maryland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter arising hereunder, and you hereby consent to personal jurisdiction in those.
- Severability. The failure of USP to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms, or any agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- Conduct. You are responsible at all times for using in a manner that is legal, ethical, and not to the detriment of others. Quotas for disk storage, job submissions, and other limited resources are strictly enforced. You may request an increase in your quota, but attempting to circumvent your quota is unethical and may lead to a termination of your account. You agree to delete unused files and acknowledge that if you fail to do so, the files may be deleted for you. You agree that you will not:
- Use email addresses obtained or accessed through to transmit the same or substantially similar unsolicited message to multiple recipients without a valid purpose specifically related to the research and education mission of USP
- Alter, damage, or delete any content posted on;
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way;
- Claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
Contact Information. Any questions or comments shall be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any notices shall be sent by mail to USP at 12601 Twinbrook Parkway, Rockville, Maryland 20852.