Quick Start User Guide
For help creating a CMKC account, click here.
The goal of the CMKC community is to create a friendly place for continuous manufacturing professionals to engage with each other and facilitate discussion around continuous manufacturing topics. To create a welcoming online space, we’ve put a few core ideas together that will help make these discussions thrive, as well as some other rules and points to keep in mind while participating in the CMKC.
Golden rule: use the community in a way that you would want others to use it too. Not sure about what to post? Consider how you’d feel if you logged in and saw the post – would you be eager to read the responses? Would you find the topic of interest? Would you find the post friendly and welcoming? If you’re not sure how to craft a post, we can help! Email email@example.com.
Components of a great CMKC post:
- Invites in ideas and conversation
- Provides context about why you’re interested in this topic
- This will help others tailor their responses
- Open-ended (avoid yes/no questions)
- Should I create a business case for launching a CM line?
- What tips do you have on how to create a business case for launching a CM line?
- Hi there,
I’m working at an organization that has relied mostly on batch manufacturing, but conversations arise among middle management about the need to adopt CM. Does anyone have ideas or best practices about how we can move the needle and gain internal buy-in? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
- Hi there,
1) Ask questions. Go ahead and ask your questions, regardless of the simplicity or complexity. At the CMKC, we believe that questions enhance our collective knowledge and expertise, resolve issues, and provide valuable insights. As an added bonus, keep in mind that many people, particularly newcomers, may be reluctant to ask questions but they still find value in reading discussions. By sharing your thoughts, you're contributing to a more thriving CMKC community and inspiring others to follow suit. Get started and ask away!
2) Share your work. Sharing your work and soliciting feedback from others is a win-win situation for all involved. We're excited to hear about your ongoing projects (provided it doesn't involve confidential or proprietary information), so don't hesitate to let us know what you're working on!
3) Spread the word. You may meet someone at a conference or chat with a colleague who has great ideas about continuous manufacturing. Create awareness and encourage them to share their thoughts and insights on the CMKC – this exchange of ideas propels the community forward.
Remember the golden rule – use the community in a way you would want others to use it too!
4) Engage in passionate debates. We not only welcome but also encourage healthy discussions that explore various perspectives on critical issues. However, it's important to keep the conversation focused on the topic at hand. While we welcome scientific debates, personal attacks will not be tolerated, and we reserve the right to end the discussion if necessary.
5) Support CMKC contributions. Express your appreciation if you value or agree with a fellow member's comment. Replying and showing your support not only helps create a positive environment, but also inspires others to do the same. Similarly, if you're seeking support for your own contributions, it helps to support for others and set an example for the community to follow.
6) Add your photo. As a close-knit group, we value the ability to know who we're conversing with, which can foster a sense of connection and trust among members. This, in turn, can encourage more open and engaging discussions. Additionally, adding your photo can make it easier to recognize fellow members at in-person conferences and events, allowing for opportunities to strike up conversations and deepen connections.
7) Post appropriately. The CMKC is designed to encourage discussions on important topics, but it's important to note that any form of hateful, illegal, or inappropriate speech will not be accepted.
8) No advertising or marketing. We invite you to share information about upcoming conferences, new research, and useful products that can benefit the community as a whole. However, it's important to do so in a manner that encourages engagement and insight from other members. For instance, you can create a discussion around the content of an upcoming conference or product and gather feedback. Conversely, uploading marketing material about the conference or product without soliciting feedback or advice is not permitted. If you're unsure about how to craft your post, please don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
9) Be mindful of confidential information. Please note that any information you post on this platform will be visible to all visitors. Therefore, it's crucial to only share information that you have the right to disclose. Please be mindful not to post any confidential or proprietary information that you are not authorized to share, including intellectual property and personal data.
10) Refer to the Terms of Service. Participation in the community is subject to the Terms of Service that you accepted when you registered.
Contact us for help! If you have any questions or need to reach out to us, e-mail us at email@example.com.