Published on CMKC
This self-paced curriculum contains fourteen self-paced modules and three recordings of live virtual education on Pharmaceutical Continuous Manufacturing (PCM).
Learners will have access to the following:
A recording of the introductory session covering topics such as “What Is Continuous Manufacturing?,” reviewing the benefits in cost, robustness and integration of PCM for optimizing product and process development, and recordings of the Town Hall Q&A and Case Studies Forum.
Self-paced modules (videos and eLearning) cover the following PCM topics:
- Material properties
- Unit ops: feeders, blenders and tablet presses
- Residence Time Distribution (RTD), Process Analytical Technologies (PAT) and control considerations
- Flow sheet modeling and line integration
- A virtual lab walkthrough that demonstrates the PCM line in action
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the following in detail: a PCM line; optimal applications, processes and procedures for instituting a PCM line; and material properties, modes and test methods that are applicable in PCM.
- Identify the RTD, PAT and control considerations necessary for proper PCM line operation.
- Explain components and operations of feeders, blenders and tablet presses in PCM.
- Analyze the use of flow sheet modeling and line integration, including unit ops models, sensitivity, and feasibility analysis and optimization.
- Apply knowledge of the line processes, operations, tools and procedures to problems and scenarios related to PCM.